Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Second B Blessing

This has been a tough week.  Teaching is a tough job and especially the end of the year.  Students are tired. Teachers are tired. Parents are tired.  The focus still must be on teaching and learning.  Since I woke up at 3:00 AM today, I am exhausted. But I been revived because of my brothers and sisters at Second Baptist Church.

Four years ago, Second B started Kid's Hope at Parkway. Tonight the celebrated as they have graduated the first class.  The mentors have worked with some students for the entire four years. I attended the program and learned that each mentor and child had a person praying for them and the school. God is so good, and I give Him the glory for bringing this program to my students.

Violence, drug abuse, neglect, and other things of the world are teeming around the school. In the midst of all that turmoil there is a building that is a haven for the students. Parkway! A few years ago I ministered to an inmate in the county jail. His words to me were - when he was released he was not going back to the neighborhood because it was too rough. I reminded him that my children walked home everyday through that rough neighborhood. I thank God that the members of Second B chose to participate and be light and salt to those children.  As I've watched the relationships that have formed and the strong bond I know that this is all part of God's plan - to take care of His children. It's nothing that I have done.

God puts things on our heart. The Holy Spirit speaks to us.  We do not always respond. I am so grateful to those individuals that chose to be obedient when this was placed on their hearts.  It's all about relationships - and I give God the glory for allowing our paths to cross. Thank you Second B for sharing the Kingdom with my kids.

But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."  Matthew 19:14


Be bless-ed ~ tio ween

No comments:

Post a Comment