Sunday, May 1, 2011

Family

Family is important.  Yet, I have more family that I love and that is the church family.  We are God's creation and His children.  I am thrilled that my immediate family is also a part of the family in Christ. Many years ago I began praying for their salvation.  God answered those prayers. 


On the drive home from church it was nice to reflect on the Christian Family. There is an old hymn that expresses this better than my words.

    You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here, It's because we're a family and these are so near; When one has a heartache, we all share the tears, And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear.
      Chorus I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His Blood! Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, For I'm part of the family, The Family of God
    From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King, No longer an outcast, a new song I sing; From rags unto riches, from the weak to the strong, I'm not worthy to be here, but PRAISE GOD! I belong!
See what love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1 (NIV)

Praise God I not only have a large family - I am an heir, because of Jesus Christ.

Be bless-ed ~ tio ween

No comments:

Post a Comment