Monday, January 2, 2012

Steadfast Love


22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 

  his mercies never come to an end; 

23 they are new every morning; 

  great is your faithfulness. 

24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, 

  “therefore I will hope in him.”
                                                 Lamentations 3:22:24

Yesterday, Dr. Ethan Brown, LCU Professor, preached from this text. His message was exceptional and filled with the Holy Spirit. The LORD spoke through him - sharing this passage with the congregation. It was on my mind when I went bed last night and the first thing I thought about this morning when I woke up.

Steadfast, what is steadfast that is in our lives? Our jobs? Our families? Our relationships?

Being a logophile, I looked up the definition and found the following:

stead·fast – [sted-fast, -fahst, -fuhst] 
adjective
1. fixed in direction; steadily directed: a steadfast gaze.
2. firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc., as a person: a steadfast friend.
3. unwavering, as resolution, faith, adherence, etc.
4. firmly established, as an institution or a state of affairs.
5. firmly fixed in place or position. 

Definition:                  loyal, steady
Synonyms:                  changeless, constant, faithful, fast, firm, true, unmovable, unwavering
Antonyms:                  disloyal, unreliable, untrustworthy

Think about God’s love for us! He is steadfast and His mercies never stop. His love is unwavering, fixed on us, and refreshed daily.

Those poor Dallas Cowboys….is our relationship with them steadfast? There are a few die-hard fans, but most of us get upset and find another “winning” team to support, so our relationship is based on a condition. Thank God, His love is not like that. Even when we mess up, He still loves us.

When the world around us is crashing – His love is steadfast and gives us hope. When disaster hits – His love is steadfast and gives us hope. When we are broken – His love is steadfast and gives us hope. When a relationship goes awry, a job is lost, or someone disappoints us – His love is steadfast and gives us hope.

1 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
5 Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free. 

6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:1, 5-6

As we start a New Year, 2012, let’s remain steadfast in the fact that God loves us. His love for us will never waiver, and because of that – we have hope for 2012 . 

Be Bless-ed ~ tÍo ween

No comments:

Post a Comment