Friday, May 8, 2020

Getting Ready

I received a call from Dustin at Sadler telling me that the headstone I had ordered was in it place at the City of Lubbock Cemetery. Immediately I had to go see it. 

Like a good teacher I want my plans in place. Every Thursday I would have my plans ready for the next week. Can't take the teacher out of me. When the time comes for me to depart I don't want my nieces Amy, Sarah, and Leah to have to do this. 

I have my service planned with songs and the message which I have left in a secure place. I would like to read it myself but that might be a little too much.

My headstone says at the top "Tio Ween"! I never had children but my nieces and their children are the world to me. If I count the students I taught whom I loved like they were my own then I had hundreds. So at the bottom to remember all those students, I put educator with a set of books. At the top is a musical staff. I love to sing the old hymns and have led singing on Sunday nights since 1994. I wanted my music with me. At the bottom which is difficult to read in this picture is the scripture from Philippians 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. I always tried to be like Jesus - often failed but still strove to be like him. I would do something and think that is not of Jesus.

The only thing I regret that I didn't put on it was LCC or LCU. Lubbock Christian was the best thing that ever happened to me. I love LCU and the relationships formed there. It truly blessed my life through Doug and Vickie Harriman as well as Bob and Brenda Cass. Having Cass as a roommate meant college life was never dull. We laughed all the time. So I don't know how I will adjust that but somehow I will manage to put LCU on it. Forever Blue!

Of course always being an odd ball I wanted Arrived and Departed. I am just a visitor on this land. My home is in heaven. So just as you prepare to go on a trip, I want everything ready when I depart for the room my Jesus has prepared for me. Let me say - it won't be because of anything I have done to deserve it - it is because of God's amazing grace and the fact that I believe Jesus came, lived, died, rose from the grave, and he will come again.

2 comments:

  1. Your words beautifully reflect a godly perspective. We love you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer in preparedness. It takes so much pressure off of your loved ones. Well done, Ween!!

    ReplyDelete